Thursday, May 30, 2019

Nordic testing days 2019 - tutorial day


Tutorial day is over, and the conference is starting with a very positive note. After arriving late to Tallinn (and enjoying the beautiful weather here - rain and everything, while at home it's 35 degrees centigrade), I woke up, had some breakfast, and headed to the conference venue.
I didn't remember which workshop I chose (there were two options that I could have selected for different reasons), and was very happy that the one I preferred now was the one I chose on registration as well. I attended the tutorial on android security, hoping to have some insight to what's going over there and collect some pointer for future reference in case of need. Marko Belzetski did a fine work as an instructor and took us on a sightseeing trip that covered a lot of topics - from reverse engineering to repackaging and exploiting internal procedure calls, as well as using a proxy to inspect the outgoing data and avoid certificate pinning.
After a packed learning day, I went to the hotel to rest for half an hour, and then - off to speakers' dinner. We got up on a boat where good food and better conversation awaited.  All in all, a great way to finish a day, especially when the sun is still up at 22:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment