Tuesday, June 14, 2016

European Testing conference call for collaboration is up

Well, for the slim chance that there is anyone reading my blog who hasn't heard of this already, the European Testing Conference has opened a call for collaboration. If you have ever even remotely considered presenting at a testing conference, this one is for certain one of the better options out there, if not the best.
I assume that reasons for submitting a call are different for each and every one, so I want to give my personal reason for wanting to speak at a testing conference (and particularly on this one - I'll submit an initial proposal once I'll muster my guts)  - I have so far attended exactly one testing conference, which was the previous ETC. For me, the experience was amazing - feeling the energy around and getting to meet some cool people, not to mention a whole bunch of interesting ideas I got exposed to.
When the conference was over, I noticed an odd thing - almost everyone I had a conversation with (or rather, everyone but one exception) was a speaker at the conference (and in most cases I did not know this before we somehow ended talking). So, I don't really know what is it that made the speakers at the conference to stand out like that, but I kinda want to join this group - both to have a chance to speak with some of them a bit more, and to check whether it's the personality who makes the speaker, or the speaking that have an impact on the person (with myself as a guinea-pig).
So, go submit your proposals! If you have never done such a thing yet and feel the need for some help, try contacting SpeakEasy, they're great (and I'll write a more detailed post about it in the future)

-------------------------------------
לקוראי העברית שאיכשהו הגיעו לכאן ולא יודעים עדיין - כנס הבדיקות האירופי (השני) פרסם קריאה לשיתוף פעולה (מה שבכנסים אחרים נקרא "קריאה להגשת הרצאות" או משהו כזה). אם אי פעם אפילו רק שקלתם לדבר בכנס בדיקות בינלאומי, זו אחת האפשרויות הטובות ביותר, אם לא האפשרות הטובה מכולן. 
כיוון שיש הרבה סיבות להגיש הרצאה לכנס, אני רוצה לתת פה בקצרה את הסיבה שלי לרצות לדבר בכנס (ובפרט בכנס הזה - ברגע בו אאזור די אומץ אגיש את ההצעה שלי) - עד כה, השתתפתי בכנס בדיקות אחד בדיוק. הכנס הבדיקות האירופי הקודם, והחוויה הייתה מדהימה. המון אנרגיה באוויר, המון אנשים טובים והמון רעיונות מעניינים שיצא לי להיחשף אליהם. אבל, אחרי הכנס שמתי לב למשהו מעניין - כמעט כל מי שדיברתי (ולמעשה, כולם למעט אחד) איתו העביר הרצאה בכנס. ברוב המקרים שמתי לב להרצאה שהעביר אותו אדם רק אחרי שיצא לנו לדבר. בקיצור - משהו בחבורה הזו של דוברים בכנס היה מיוחד, ואני רוצה גם. גם הזדמנות לדבר איתם טיפה יותר, וגם לבדוק אם זה המרצה שמלכתחילה היה פתוח יותר לדיבורים ופחות נחבא אל הכלים, או שמשהו בכל החוויה של להעביר הרצאה שהפך את המרצים לאנשי שיחה יותר מאשר האחרים. במקרה, יש לי שפן ניסיונות זמין (אני) כדי לנסות להכריע בשאלה הזו. 

בכל מקרה - לכו להגיש הצעות. אם טרם עשיתם זאת מעולם, נסו לדבר עם SpeakEasy, הם אחלה (ואני אכתוב בהרחבה עליהם בהמשך). 

No comments:

Post a Comment