Wednesday, July 3, 2024

I have released an open source library


In my past two jobs we always talked about collecting some tests metadata to analyze later, but never had time to collect it. Well, I had a few moments between jobs to create an easy to extend (I hope) library for pytest. It might or might not help me in future workplace, but I'm hoping it will help someone. 

Taking the perspective of building a library for unknown users was an interesting experience - I obviously needed to put more emphasis on documentation, but more importantly, I needed to think "how can a user customize this for their needs?" One result is that I chose to omit functionality - for instance, I'm not providing a database storage utility, but leaving that for the user who knows which DB and schema are they using. I still consider creating an example project using this library, but we'll see if I have time and attention for that. 

Anyway, its free to use, modify and so on. If you need help, ping me (or better - open an issue)

PyPi: https://pypi.org/project/pytest-stats/ 

Github: https://github.com/amitwer/pytest-stats

No comments:

Post a Comment